Saturday, September 8, 2012

SEPTEMBER EIGHT

Just a random thought because I can't sleep. Ugh

Kelan nga ba malalim o mababaw yung pagkakaibigan?


I don't know how to define a shallow friendship because I don't want to judge other relationships. But I think I could tell you a lot about deep friendships.


When I was in Highschool, a friend taught me the "Yes or No" game. We play the game whenever we're confused, or in a dilemma, or if we want to seek advises regarding issues we don't want to disclose. It was fun. But when I was in 3rd year college, I stopped playing the game.

I remember something I said to a friend when she asked me the same "yes or no" question last summer. (I kind of got irritated because we were very close friends and she couldn't even tell me what was really up.) I told her, "Masyado na tayong matagal magkaibigan para sa yes or no na yan. Masyado na tayong matagal magkaibigan para mag-hulaan."

For me, friendships become deep when we stop playing the game. Friendships deepen when we start letting our walls down. Actually, it's when you let other people break your walls. It's when you become vulnerable enough to let others explore you. Ito yung "Okay lang saking malaman mo 'to kasi kahit naman malaman mo, mamahalin mo pa rin ako, tight tayo eh." It's when you become comfortable enough that you stop being vague and start being brave. Naks, anu raw. Friendships deepen when you quit the game and start taking these connections seriously. You see, people should be taken seriously. When you take people seriously, that's when the real fun begins. If that makes sense. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment